Creative Commons License

Thursday, 25 November 2010

I got better.

Well, I suppose this is a return of sorts.

You might notice that everything previously posted is gone. So, perhaps fresh start is a more appropriate description than a return. At any rate, I intend to return to blogging. Although I'm not really sure what I'll blog about.

A diary about life as a PhD student (and all the inevitable whinging) is possible but probably dull, as would be an academic work diary (publishing the things not good enough to get 'published').
Haven't really been writing much 'poetry' recently and don't feel like sharing what I have.
Current political climate tends to reduce me to bellowing and there are more than enough tub-thumping blogs out-there already.
I have no intention of using the blog as self-advertising, mainly as I've nothing to advertise, but also because there is always facebook if I'm feeling especially vain.

This is mainly why my 'short break' has been a year or so.

If anyone has any suggestions for blog topics I'd like to hear it, otherwise it'll most likely be more of the same rambling social criticism and general philosophical-aesthetic belly aching that I used to inflict. But more so.


Love & Peace.

11 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Ha, what a lovely surprise.
So good to see you back, Chris!

Sean Jeating said...

And now my suggestions: Spontaneously I have none.
The motif shown in the header causes 'wanderlust', the site looks lighter - not to write 'more serene' - than the previous; well and as for topics and their presentation: it will become difficult enough for you to surpass the quality of what you have written before you decided to take a 'short break'. :)
In other words: I am very much looking forward to fresh rambling social criticism and general philosophical-aesthetic belly aching that you used to inflict.

Again: Good to see you back, Chris.

Ent said...

Looking forward to it. I will try my uppermost to keep up with the philosophical Dr lingo...

Ent said...

What is Cofa's Tree? Is it the big tree outside your house? Why Cofa?

Claude said...

Great to see you back. You've been missed. The old Chris was okay, warts et al. Hope you didn't change too much. I hate to be the one who can never improve!:-) Looking forward to your interesting ramblings.

Claude said...

I meant: I hate to be the only one who will never improve.

Claude said...

Haha! You can see that I didn't get better, alas!

paul bowman said...

Rambling social criticism & philosophical-aesthetic bellyaching! Awesome.

A Doubtful Egg said...

There's nowt wrong with rambling! Welcome back...

god-free morals said...

Thank you all,
Good to back.

Entish one: Cofa's Tree is a place. Specifically the place I am currently staying. See here. http://www.historiccoventry.co.uk/main/history.php

laughingbandit said...

When you said 'un-publishable', I thought 'no, just pre-publishable'. Throw out roughs and ideas and thoughts, and engage with people. One of the delightful things about blogs, which I know you have already found out, is that you can start dicussions about things. And you can do so earlier in their life-span as ideas, which helps develops the ideas. A kind of on-going working journal.