Creative Commons License

Saturday, 24 December 2016

Merry Christmas to you all!

I had hoped to keep up with regular posting all the way up until Christmas, however, I've been really rather ill for quite some time now. Indeed, I hope to make enough of a recovery tomorrow to properly take part in Christmas day fun, this is made a little trickier as I'm at my partner's family this year, so don't really feel like I can make too much of fuss, even if I still feel awful.

Anyway, illness aside, I've really enjoyed the build up to Christmas this year. Having not only managed to get most of the shopping done befoe December but also that the presents were chosen and were not just random last minute pick. Still, well considered or not, many of them are (like me and JJ) very silly indeed.

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

Here is a friend and excellent folk musician, Will Pound, playing an extraordinary version of jingle bells.

Peace

3 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Merry Christmas to you and those around you, Chris.
You will make it. :)

paul bowman said...

Merry Christmas (still a few days yet!) and Happy New Year, Chris.

I fought with something, or a series of somethings, last year for several months, from mid-September well into the beginning of 2016. At the worst of it, couldn’t get decent sleep for days at a time. Continuously drained of energy, struggling to concentrate or maintain appetite, consuming facial tissues at tremendous rate — it was kind of a persisting low-grade nightmare. This year I’m very much on my guard. Have a little cold right now, in fact, but so far there seems to be no likelihood of a rerun. May you emerge victorious in short order and be too absorbed in vigorous living in years to come to recall very well what it felt like!

god-free morals said...

Thanks to you both for your Christmas wishes, I hope you both had a lovely festive time.

I'm reticent to say that I'm fully recovered, but I'm definitely functional, which is something, not that I have much of a choice. Life continues to move with or without one; bills need paid, jobs come to an end, and new jobs must be found. Sooner the better!

Here's to the new year!